Nom usager CellarTracker : B8D4RDDD
A remercié : 3 fois
A été remercié : 1 fois

Semaine du 12 novembre 2018

Message par bedarddd » sam. 17 nov. 2018 7:14

Montsecano y Copains Pinot Noir Refugio 2017

SAQ N° 12184839
26.55$

Légèrement brouillé au début, nez un peu dusty à l'ouverture qui a eu besoin d'un petit 45 minutes en carafe pour bien se placer. Par la suite, le nez est explosif et séduisant, sur des effluves qui me rappelle des grands pinots, alliage de puissance, minéralité et de finesse en bouche, avec une bonne acidité, des tannins modérés et une belle longueur. C'est un vin particulier, goûteux et élégant. Ces imperfections de vin artisanal le rendent intriguant et intéressant. On oublie les comparaisons avec la pinote de la Bourgogne et du Chili, on est sur le style propre à Montsecano. Ça me plaît vraiment ! 93pts

Critical Acclaim
RP94 Robert Parker's Wine Advocate
The 2017 Refugio Pinot Noir shows a reductive personality that I love as well as some flinty notes, so decanting in advance could be a good idea. Refugio is less prone to frost, as it's made from grapes from the valley. Ostertag's son, Arthur, is now involved in the winemaking, and as a result, they made a lot of changes in 2017, such as including about 25% full clusters in the fermentation. They use no sulfur and no oak in the production of this wine, and it has some of the character from the full clusters. However, the palate is very relaxed and harmonious and also mineral, with plenty of finesse and perfectly ripe fruit without excess. This is subtle, elegant and simply amazing; it has depth yet is approachable and very drinkable. I love the style of this wine. I believe this is the best vintage they have ever produced. A real bargain. I'd buy this by the case. It has some aging potential. It was bottled in February 2018.

Winemaker Notes
This 100% bio-dynamic hand harvested, single vineyard Pinot Noir is aged and fermented completely in Stainless steel and concrete egg. The wine shows bright raspberry, strawberry jam, with rose petals, violets, and a light component of baking bread. The wine is extremely vibrant with a light, glassy, soft , and smooth mid-palate. The light tannin cradles the wine and lends itself to the refreshing acidity with a long, jam influenced finish.

Répondre